Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Introduction

My name is Cat and I've been cooking for as long as I can remember--literally. As soon as I was old enough to grab the lettuce from the crisper, the kitchen has been my favorite room in the house, my sanctuary, and the battleground of my most proud accomplishments. I come from a long line of food lovers and fervid eaters, and the purpose of this blog is not only to share my love of food with you, dear readers, but also to encourage you to get in that kitchen and create rustic masterpieces of your own!

But first, let me tell you a little about me and my philosophy of eating. I live in the Pacific Northwest with my darling omnivore and several furry creatures. I'm more of a cook than a chef or a baker, although I'm always trying to learn new things. Nothing excites me more than experimenting with a new ingredient-- a semi exotic vegetable, a new kind of pasta, what have you-- and I always, always, always seek out fresh, organic, and if possible local ingredients whenever I can. I'll tell you up front that 99.99% of the recipes you see on my blog will be vegan, but even if you're not vegan or vegetarian, please don't be afraid! Even my most hardcore vegan recipes are absolutely 100% omnivore tested and approved!

I'll be sharing recipes of all kinds here, ranging from quick dinners to weekend brunches to desserts and even some travel/trail food. Please feel free to ask questions about my methods, my ingredients, my inspirations, and whatever else crosses your mind. I'm happy to share my knowledge, my opinion, and my trials and errors.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment